Those of us in the real estate business like to use the phrase, “home is where the heart is,” and while I think that IS true, Valentine’s Day (which is quickly approaching!) can give many of us the opportunity to get out of the house and treat our special sweethearts to a day/night of pampering on the town. If you’re inclined toward romancing the love of your life by painting the town red this year, read on for some our favorite Denton local hot spots that are sure to impress your number one this holiday:
- Jupiter House – Start your morning with a signature drink from one of our favorite java spots on the Square. We heart the owners and all the staff who will lovingly create the most delectable coffees, smoothies, and pastries for you and your darling on your love-filled day!
- The Chestnut Tree – For a charming and cheery breakfast or brunch, you’ve got to go to this family owned tea house & bistro! Since 1994, they’ve been making homemade soups, breads, pies, cakes and other yummy meal options to accommodate their growing clientele. And for Valentine’s Day, they will also be staying open later and taking limited-seating reservations for a romantic evening dinner for you and the guest of your choice.
- Soma Massage Therapy – We all need to de-stress and relax more, so what better way to say “I Love You” than with a massage? This locally owned, “Best of Denton” retreat offers deep tissue, Swedish, hot stone, prenatal and many other types of massages. You can even treat your partner and yourself to a couple’s massage, so don’t hesitate to book a Valentine’s appointment here.
- First People’s Jewelers – Everyone knows that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and with over 40 years on the Square as Denton’s premier fine jewelry store, you will be guaranteed to wow your paramour with something sparkly from FPJ. Specializing in diamonds, custom jewelry creation, precious stones, and high-end watches, they can pretty much make your loved one’s dreams come true. Be sure to check out their Valentine’s Day specials and place your order early!
- Alamo Drafthouse – For a low-key evening out, we highly recommend dinner and a movie at Alamo. With lots of cozy reclining seats, dim lighting, tasty food and drinks, and fun film selections abound, it could be the perfect way to to snuggle up to with your honey this February 14th. Kind of like being in your living room, but bigger and better!
- Paschall Bar – We can’t say enough about the ambiance at this once-upon-a-time, secret upstairs speakeasy in Denton! If you want a little bit of trendy mixed with a whole lot of classy, you should definitely make this bar a stopping point with your significant other. The fabulous and well-appointed bar tenders will be mixing up unique his/hers specialty drinks in celebration of love on Valentine’s day, so order one or four, and spend a minute holding hands while you enjoy one of the absolute best views of the Square together.
- Queenie’s– If you’re able to get a reservation at this upscale spot on Valentine’s Day, you and your babe won’t be disappointed. The owner’s name is literally Love (Tim Love), so they’ll undoubtedly go all out with their sweetheart specific offerings. This year they’re doing a pre-fixed 4 course menu at $85 per person with live music and always great service. Get real fancy and utilize the valet service to avoid any parking stress!
- 940’s Kitchen & Cocktails – A classy yet casual option for your feast of Saint Valentine that we highly recommend is 940’s, just off the Square. A gorgeous bar, large comfy booths, creative signature cocktails, and fresh and unique menu items for everyone in the family will allow you to woo your dearest in a lively and fun way. This year, you can make reservations to partake in a memorable three course dinner, including dessert and sparkling wine for only $50/person!
- We think our final three recommendations will surely send Cupid’s arrow straight to the heart.
- First, make a stop at Ten: One Artisan Cheese and pick up an exclusive Valentine’s gift box filled with sweets from Dude Sweet Chocolate and 10:1 house-made cheeses, meats, and nuts. (Note: they are also hosting a chocolate and cheese pairing event on Feb 10th, so if you want to get a jumpstart on your Valentine’s activities, we highly recommend this)
- Next, head up to Wine Squared and select your favorite bottle of wine from their carefully cultivated selection.
- Finally, grab a blanket from the trunk of your car and walk your honey-bunny to an intimate spot on the Courthouse Lawn, and voila! A perfect end to a truly Denton Valentine’s date night!
Bonus: If you want to surprise your sweetie with an out of town excursion, we recommend Whitehorse Steakhouse in Valley View. This year they are having a Disney-themed Valentine’s Night with 3 different packages to choose from, a kissing booth, and a live band during dessert!
P.s. You don’t need a significant other to do any of these things! Valentine’s Day is a great day to show some self-love and care, so don’t hesitate to put on your favorite fancy outfit and treat yourself, too!